How many students will appear for neet 2021
Nearly 1.7 millions (17 Lakh) students are expected to appear for NEET 2021 entrance exam.
It’s hard to digest such a whooping number of aspirants for only 40,000 government MBBS seats but that’s how the trend is, for the last few years
- NEET 2016 : 8 lakh candidates
- NEET 2017 : Around 11 lakh candidates
- NEET 2018 : 13.26 lakh candidates
- NEET 2020 : Approximately 15 lakh candidates
You can see a large increament in number of candidates for the NEET Exam.
Reason behind Such Increament
- No upper age limit ; The cap on the NEET-UG number of attempts (where candidates could only attempt NEET three times ) was removed by Honorable Supreme court of India in the year 2017 until final verdict.
- Number of attempts limitations : Currently there’s no upper limit for the number of attempts in the neet examination. Unlike JEE which allows only 2 attempts for the candidates to qualify for the exams.
A very interesting incident happened in NEET 2020 regarding the above point, Jay Kishore Pradhan ; A 64 years old retired banker cracked the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) and will be a first-year MBBS student at the Veer Surendra Rai Institute of Medical Sciences and Research (VIMSAR) situated in Burla
Well l, there’s a good logic behind no such restrictions in NEET Examination.
Practically, a doctor has no retirement age for his profession then logically, there shouldn’t be an upper age/attempt limit in medical entrance exam like NEET, which is the case in present.
NTA NEET 2021 Overview
|Name||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test|
|Popularly known as||NEET|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Language options available||English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Subjects/sections||Physics, Chemistry and Biology|