What is Qualifying exam code in NEET 2021 ? Full Guide
The National Testing Agency on Wednesday commenced the online application process for the NEET UG 2021 on its official website. Interested candidates can visit the official website of NTA NEET — ntaneet.nic.in — to submit the application forms.
NEET UG 2021 is slated to be held on September 12. The exam will be held in 198 cities across the country.
Candidates can check the qualifications and qualifying examination codes below.
NEET 2021 qualification codes
Candidates must be aware of NEET qualifying codes before filling the application form in order to avoid inconvenience. For a better idea, aspirants is being provided with a complete list of NEET 2021 qualifying codes in a simplified manner below.
NEET exam code 1:
This code can be selected by aspirants who will be appearing for Class 12 or waiting for the result. However, students must furnish the relevant documents as evidence of qualifying for the exam after the announcement of the result.
NEET 2021 examination code 2:
- Candidates who have completed a period of 12 years under Higher/Secondary examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), which is equivalent to Class 10+2 can opt for code 2. However, the last two years of study must include English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, or Mathematics or any other elective as a major subject as prescribed by the National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT).
Aspirants who have passed 10+2 from the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) or state open school, as a private candidate from state boards; with Biology/Biotechnology as an additional subject can apply under NEET qualification code 2.
- Who can also apply code 2: It should also be noted that the qualifying examination code for NEET 2021 for droppers will also be the same. For instance, a candidate has passed the qualifying examination from CBSE/ISCE or any state board in the year 2018, but wish to appear for NEET 2021, he/she can apply for the exam with Code 2.
NEET 2021 qualifying code 3:
Students can select this code if they have passed their Intermediate/Pre-Examination degree in Science stream from any recognized Indian University/Board or other body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as a compulsory subject. The qualifying examination should also include a practical test in the mentioned subjects.
NEET qualifying code 4:
This code can be chosen after the completion of pre-professional/pre-medical examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English after passing either the Higher Secondary examination or Pre-university or equivalent exam. The qualification of pre-professional or pre-medical examination should compulsorily include the practical tests in all subjects.
Code 5 for NEET qualifying criteria 2021:
Anyone who has passed the first year of a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with Physics, Chemistry, BIology/Biotechnology inclusion of practical tests. Candidates should also verify that the first year exam qualified is a university-level exam and they have also qualified Class 12 qualifying examination with the said subjects at a level not less than a core course.
NEET 2021 exam code 6:
Any aspirant who has passed B.Sc. examination with not less than two subjects which includes Biology/Biotechnology, Physics and Chemistry can choose Code 6 from NEET qualification code 2021 as their eligibility code. Further, such candidates must have passed Class 10+2 qualifying examination with English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology/Biotechnology.
NEET 2021 qualification code 7:
In case of passed any other examination, which is equivalent to intermediate science examination of any university/board, can opt code 7 as NEET code 2021. It must be taken into consideration that students must have completed two years of study in Physics, Biology/Biotechnology, Chemistry and English and have passed practical tests also.
Who can also opt NEET code 7?
NEET 2021 qualifying code for foreign candidates will be Code 7. The equivalence of a particular course with Class 12 boards will be determined by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). If the qualifying examination will be in grades, then the corresponding marks will be derived by AIU.
What are the other NEET eligibility 2021?
Besides the educational eligibility, candidates need to fulfill other basic eligibility criteria of NEET UG 2021, which are mentioned below.
- Age limit – Aspirants should be a minimum of 17 years as on December 31, 2019. Upper Age limit is 25 Years for General/EWS, with relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/OBC
- Nationality – Anyone willing to appear for MBBS/BDS exam must be an Indian citizen, NRIs, OCIs, PIO and Foreign nationals.
- Number of attempts – There is no limits for the number of attempting NEET.